COVID-19 Protection Framework information
NZ Young Farmers operates in accordance with the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework. Please ensure you are aware of the framework (which comes into effect 11.59 pm, 2 December 2021) and the restrictions for different scenarios.
- The Ministry of Health has put together a simplified breakdown of the traffic light system: TRAFFIC LIGHT SYSTEM OUTLINE
- If you need any more information clarifying this in regards to your club events and meetings, feel free to get in touch with the NZYF Membership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
FMG YOUNG FARMER OF THE YEAR:
We’re currently working through guidelines for stakeholders competing and attending next year’s events. We will provide an update very soon.
Under the traffic light system, a gathering can be either a public or private gathering and includes catching up with friends and whanau, get-togethers at a private house and club functions. These will tend to be less formal and reservations and tickets are generally not required. Your NZYF meetings will be classed as a gathering.
ORANGE | ALL ATTENDEES VACCINATED: No limit of people that can attend
ORANGE | NOT EVERYONE VACCINATION: up to 50 people based on1-metre physical distancing
RED | ALL ATTENDEES VACCINATED: up to 100 people basedon 1-metre physical distancing
RED | NOT EVERYONE VACCINATION: up to 25 people based on1 metre physical distancing
You will need to ensure that you follow all venue guidelines.
Events tend to be larger than gatherings, are more formal and might have controlled access such as tickets, require registration or another way to control access. Events can be held either at commercial or private venues such as concerts or conference facilities.
There are a number of standard guidelines that apply to almost all venues:
- Scanning the NZ COVID Tracer app QR code or entering your details in a physical register
- Wear a mask
- Regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands or use hand sanitiser.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
Events cannot be held without the organiser operating the Vaccine Certificate system and only people with a My Vaccine Pass are allowed to attend the event. Children under the age of 12 years and 3 months do not need to provide a My Vaccine Pass to enter these venues.
ORANGE | VACCINE CERTIFICATES USED: No limit of people that can attend
ORANGE | NOT EVERYONE VACCINATION: The event cannot proceed
RED | VACCINE CERTIFICATES USED: up to 100 people based on 1-metre physical distancing
RED | NOT EVERYONE VACCINATION: The event cannot proceed
- Please download the free NZ Pass Verifier app, download links here.
- Business helpline: a great tool to ask questions about Covid and how it affects businesses (0800 500 362 for North Island, or 0800 50 50 96 for South Island).
- Vaccine information: if you would like more information about the Vaccine and how it works, check out the information here.
- View Primary industry-specific information here.
If you need any help or guidance around the Covid Protection Framework, email the Membership team: email@example.com
Zoom accounts can be set up for free. To set up your account follow this link https://zoom.us/signup
- Each meeting can host up to 100 participants.
- You will have an unlimited amount of meetings each month to use for full club meetings or club exec meetings.
- Each meeting on the free plan is limited to 40 minutes. To get around this just reopen the call once the call cuts out and you will be able to continue for another 40-minute call.
- If you need any help setting up your account you are more than welcome to contact Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org