At NZ Young Farmers we have a vision “Connecting Communities, Growing our Future”.
To achieve our vision we need skilled and passionate individuals who possess an understanding of the customer, take ownership, have a one-team approach, seek opportunities to innovate, strive to improve, have awareness of self and others, like to make a difference and achieve excellence in results.
The late Donald Pearson donated his 74 ha farm to NZ Young Farmers for the purpose of encouraging young people into the agricultural sector.
Under NZYF ownership, this farm will continue to operate as a best-practice commercial dairy farm, with the future aim to utilise the farm, and the way in which it is operated, as an outdoor classroom or learning centre for NZYF members and the wider community.
The farm is overseen by a board who requires a person who is able to:
- Manage 130 jersey and milking shorthorn cows, spring calving.
- Conduct day to day operations to a high level including shed hygiene, animal health, and record-keeping.
- Liaise with farm suppliers and contractors
- Operate within a financial budget
- Prepare a feed budget and update regularly
- Able to work independently with a high standard of tidiness and professionalism
- Report to board
- Liaise with local schools, industry and young farmers through on-farm visits
- Understand and follow best practice as this role is a public one and is subject to a high level of scrutiny and accountability in both management and financial performance.
The farm is situated at Brookby, Manurewa. 40 km from Auckland CBD, making it ideal for a partner to work off-farm.
The successful candidate will be expected to pass random drug tests and regular house inspections.
Please send details of dairy farm experience, and other skills you have that would suit this unique opportunity.
To: DPFL Board – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close February 20, 2020.
Please direct any queries about employment opportunities to: