competition - Debating
The aim of the debate competition is to develop public speaking, logic and argument skills. The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively is invaluable in today's world.
The debate competitions can be organised for all levels: Club, Regional and then on to the Final at National level.
For more information please contact Waikato/Bay of Plenty Field Officer, Casey Huffstutler: email@example.com 027 213 0043
2018 NATIONAL WINNERS
“Horse should replace four wheel Motorbikes on New Zealand Farms"
Representing the Lincoln Club from the Tasman region debating the affirmative is
- 1st Speaker - George Gill
- 2nd Speaker - Jack Ternouth (leaders Reply)
- 3rd Speaker – Sarah Lockhart
Representing the Hamilton City Cub from Waikato/Bay of plenty region debating the negative
- 1st Speaker - Memphis Wright (leaders Reply)
- 2nd Speaker - Rebekah Te Rito
- 3rd Speaker - Steven Law
- Eric Roy (NZ Young Farmers Patron)
- Leon Black (Director of Black Dale Stud and Life member of Thornbury Young Farmers)
- Dr Christine Christianson (Massey University Research Officer)
Winners: Waikato/Bay of plenty
Best Speaker: Jack Ternouth