competition - Debating
The aim of the debate competition is to develop public speaking, logic and argument skills. The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively is invaluable in today's world.
The debate competitions can be organised for all levels: Club, Regional and then on to the Final at National level.
For more information please contact Waikato/Bay of Plenty Field Officer, Casey Huffstutler: email@example.com 027 213 0043
2016 NATIONAL WINNERS
“that making NZ alcohol free would benefit our society."
Teams Representing the Tasman region debating the affirmative is
- 1st Speaker - Sam Moscrip
- 2nd Speaker - Tessa Williams
- 3rd Speaker – Lincoln Harrison
Representing the Waikato/Bay of plenty region debating the negative
- 1st Speaker - Kent Weir
- 2nd Speaker - Alex Griffin
- 3rd Speaker - Steven Gillies
- Eric Roy (NZ Young Farmers Patron)
- Professor Jacqueline Rowarth (Waikato University)
- Elaine Cook (NZ Young Farmers Board Member)
Best Speaker: Kent Weir